- Sweet Potato and Kale Sandwich:
- 2 slices Dempster’s 100% Whole Grains Seed Lover’s Bread, toasted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sweet potato hummus
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced kale
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 cucumber, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) chunks
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) broccoli florets, steamed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cauliflower florets, steamed
Sweet Potato and Kale Sandwich: Spread hummus evenly over both slices of bread. Top one slice with kale and sprinkle with feta. Cap with remaining slice of bread; cut in half diagonally.
Assembly: Thread cherry tomatoes and cucumbers onto toothpicks. Place sandwich in bento box, with tomato and cucumber skewers and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Tip: To steam broccoli and cauliflower, place in steamer basket, set over saucepan of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.