- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 ripe beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 ball (250 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 slices Dempster’s® Ancient Grains with Quinoa Bread, toasted and buttered
Whisk eggs with salt and pepper. In large, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté garlic, spinach and basil for 3 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted. Pour in eggs; cook, without stirring, for 1 minute or until set on the bottom. Cook, stirring constantly and breaking eggs into large curds, for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are set and no moisture remains; remove from heat.
Divide tomato and mozzarella evenly among 4 pieces of toast. Top with eggs and remaining toast. Serve immediately.