Chili Chocolate Dessert Toast
Chili Chocolate Dessert Toast adds a sweet and spicy twist to dessert time. Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains Ancient Grains with Quinoa Bread and almond butter provide plant-based protein, so you don't have to feel too guilty for catering to your sweet tooth. Serves two.
- 2 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Grains Ancient Grains with Quinoa Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) almond butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chocolate chips
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread almond butter over each slice of toast.
- Stir together sugar, cinnamon and chili powder; sprinkle over toast.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Transfer toasts to foil-lined baking sheet; broil for 30 to 60 seconds or until chocolate melts.