Egg White Omelette Sandwich with Pesto and Feta
Packed with fresh and zesty flavour, our Egg White Omelette Sandwich with Pesto and Feta is a great way to step up your sandwich game. Perfectly paired with sautéed spinach and prepared on Dempster’s® 12 Grain Bread, it delivers delicious flavour in every bite. Serves one.
- 2 slices Dempster’s® 12 Grain Bread, toasted
- 2 egg whites (or 1/2 cup/125 mL egg whites)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) basil pesto
- 2 cups (500 mL) spinach
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- Beat together egg whites and pesto; set aside. Coat 8-inch (20 cm) nonstick skillet with cooking spray set over medium heat.
- Pour in egg white mixture. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until egg mixture starts to set around edges. Flip over; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fully set. Remove from pan.
- In same pan set over medium-high heat, cook spinach for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Assemble egg white omelette, sautéed spinach and feta between toasted slices of bread. To serve, cut in half.
Tip: If preferred, scramble the egg whites in the pan.