Italian Garden Sandwich
Preparation 5 min
Total 5 min
The perfect sandwich for a warm summer's day when you just want to kick back with a taste of the Italian countryside.
- 2 Slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Pesto
- 4 Slices fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 5-6 Basil leaves
- 3 Slices thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Ready prepared bruschetta
- ASSEMBLE the sandwich by spreading one slice of bread with pesto then adding Mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, bruschetta and prosciutto. Top with the second slice of bread and serve.
Make your own bruschetta by combining 1 diced tomato, ½ tsp (2 mL) minced garlic, 2 tsp (10 mL) Chopped red onion, 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh parsley, salt and pepper.