Soft-Boiled Eggs and Soldiers Breakfast
Providing a satisfying start to your day, this Soft-Boiled Eggs and Soldiers Breakfast recipe takes only 10 minutes to make. Toasted Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread is used to create "soldiers" to dip into soft egg yolks for an interactive breakfast that's fun for kids and adults alike. Serves four.
INGREDIENTS4 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread, toasted 4 eggs 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh chives 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper 4 tsp (20 mL) butter, at room temperature
- Place eggs in single layer in saucepan; fill saucepan with enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch (2.5 cm).
- Bring to boil; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until egg whites are set but egg yolks are still runny.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water for 1 minute.
- Cut off larger end of egg with sharp knife. Place eggs in egg cups.
- Sprinkle with chives, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, butter slices of bread.
- Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) fingers.
- Serve eggs with toast ""soldier"" fingers for dipping.