Soft-Boiled Eggs and Soldiers Breakfast
Preparation 5 mins
Total 10 mins
Providing a satisfying start to your day, this Soft-Boiled Eggs and Soldiers Breakfast recipe takes only 10 minutes to make. Toasted Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread is used to create "soldiers" to dip into soft egg yolks for an interactive breakfast that's fun for kids and adults alike. Serves four.
- 4 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread, toasted
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter, at room temperature
- Place eggs in single layer in saucepan; fill saucepan with enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch (2.5 cm).
- Bring to boil; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until egg whites are set but egg yolks are still runny.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water for 1 minute.
- Cut off larger end of egg with sharp knife. Place eggs in egg cups.
- Sprinkle with chives, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, butter slices of bread.
- Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) fingers.
- Serve eggs with toast ""soldier"" fingers for dipping.